At this time, there are 30 regional TASBO affiliates in Texas. Affiliates are local organizations or specialty groups (such as Maintenance and Operations) which subscribe to the same mission and purpose as TASBO, i.e. to advance the profession through education, communication, recognition, information, and innovation. Regional affiliate meetings provide excellent personal and professional development programs in addition to networking opportunities with others in school business and operations. Find a regional affiliate in your area.
What We Do
Each year, TASBO provides……
· More than a hundred education courses featuring curriculum designed for school business and operations professionals.
· More than a hundred education sessions, workshops, academies & webinars designed to provide up-to-date information and best practices for school business officials to apply in their school districts.
· Online data tools helping school districts analyze, compare and prepare insightful reports of financial, budget, personnel, student, food service, TAKS, transportation, GASB & state funding information from Texas schools.
· Management Reviews and Consulting services for districts, which allow for independent school business and operations professionals to evaluate school district operations and recommend cost savings.
· News and information via a quarterly magazine, e-newsletters, online business news, best practices resource center, legislative pipeline and other publications.
· Networking & mentoring opportunities for school business professionals, both live and online.
THE trusted resource for school finance and operations
Enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of Texas Public Schools through the development of highly qualified school finance and operations professionals
The TASBO leadership and staff are guided in their duties by these principles:
· Focusing on current and potential members
· Maintaining ethics, integrity, accountability and transparency of the profession
· Collaborating with education partners.
· Leading and managing an education organization that provides quality learning, innovation and support for the profession
Customer Satisfaction and Service
Provide membership value through benefits, services, and products to the network of school finance and operations officials
Quality Knowledge and Resource Center
Deliver knowledge (education) and resources (information and tools) to enhance professional growth and development
Promote the value of school finance and operations through outreach and effective marketing of the profession and programs
The Model Association
Become a model association to serve the profession and membership
Use technology as an integral component of the organization’s functions and performance